BAKED CINNAMON APPLES
Yield: Makes 6 servings
- 4 large Granny Smith or Rome Beauty apples
- 4 sheets (18X12 inches) heavy-duty foil, lightly sprayed with nonstick cooking spray
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut into 4 pieces
- Vanilla ice cream
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Core apples. Using paring knife, trim off 1/2-inch strip around top of each apple. Place each apple in center of foil sheet.
- Mix cranberries and cinnamon in small bowl. Fill apples with mixture, sprinkling any excess around pared rim. Place 1 piece butter on mixture; press gently.
- Double fold sides and ends of foil to seal packets, leaving head space for heat circulation. Place packets on baking sheet.
- Bake 20 minutes. Remove from oven. Carefully open foil packets; shape foil around apples. Bake 10 minutes more or until apples are tender. Remove from oven. Transfer apples to bowls; spoon remaining liquid over apples. Serve warm apples with ice cream.